THE STORY: The Plaza Building, also known as the Center Building,
is located in the center of town and was originally the Patterson Ranch Company Office. It was built in 1910 by the
Patterson Ranch Company to handle the business of establishing a new town and used for the sale of land. It was one
of the first buildings in town. The Plaza Building is now registered as a National Historic Place. Exclusive use of the building
was granted to the Historical Society as a museum.